R. Brandon McCullough Associate Since 2011
444 Liberty Avenue Suite 1105
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Mr. McCullough is an associate with Picadio Sneath Miller & Norton, P.C. and concentrates his practice primarily in the areas of insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, complex commercial and business litigation, and appellate litigation. Mr. McCullough has represented insurance companies in a wide array of coverage disputes in trial courts and on appeal in both state and federal court. He has litigated and counseled clients on issues involving numerous types of insurance policies, including commercial general liability, excess and umbrella liability, environmental liability, builders' risk, auto liability, homeowners insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, specified disease insurance, and long and short term care insurance. He also has experience representing insurance companies, brokers and agents in claims for violation of consumer protection laws. Mr. McCullough frequently provides insurance coverage opinions and advice to insurers throughout the claims handling process. Mr. McCullough has also represented businesses and individuals in cases involving restrictive covenants and trade secrets, breach of commercial contracts, professional liability of accountants, products liability, civil rights of public-sector employees, property damage and personal injury.
Mr. McCullough is an active member of the Insurance Law Committee of DRI, where he currently serves as Compendium Vice Chair, Chair of the Young Lawyers Subcommittee and Vice-Chair of the State Liaison Initiative. He is also actively involved in the Allegheny County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, where he serves as a member of Council and as Co-Chair of the Membership Outreach Committee. Additionally, he is a member of the Pennsylvania Defense Institute and the Pennsylvania Bar Association. Mr. McCullough is also a 2014 graduate of the International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy which was held at Stanford Law School. He has been recognized as a "Rising Star" by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Mr. McCullough served as a Regional Editor and Co-Author of the Pennsylvania chapter for DRI's "Duty to Defend Compendium," published in February 2016, and is an Editor in Chief of DRI's "Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Compendium," which is expected to be published in 2017. He is also currently the Editor in Chief of "Point of Law"-the E-Newsletter of the Allegheny County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division.
Mr. McCullough received his Juris Doctorate degree from Duquesne University School of Law in 2008 and graduated cum laude. While in law school, Mr. McCullough was a student attorney for the Duquesne University School of Law Securities Arbitration Practicum, representing low income investors in resolving disputes with investment professionals, as well as a Staff Writer/Editor for the Duquesne Business Law Journal. During his law school career, Mr. McCullough also completed judicial internships with the Honorable Joy Flowers Conti of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the Honorable John A. Zottola of the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. Mr. McCullough also served as a law clerk for the staff counsel for a major insurance company.
He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and the U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2014
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. (Cum Laude) - 2008
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- B.S. (Magna Cum Laude) - 2005
- Major: Information Science
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Insurance Law 101 Lunch and Learn, December 9, 2013
- Editor in Chief, DRI Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Compendium, expected to be published in 2017
- Regional Editor and Co-Author of Pennsylvania Chapter, DRI Duty to Defend Compendium, February 2016
- Editor in Chief, "Point of Law"-the E-Newsletter of the Allegheny County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, 2015 - Present
- Contributor, Business Litigation Update Section of Pennsylvania Bar Association Civil Litigation Newsletter, 2011 - 2015
- Contributor, PSMNLaw Blog
Honors and Awards
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016
AVVO 10 out of 10 Rating
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member, 2008 - Present
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Division Membership Outreach Committee, 2016 - Present
- Member of Young Lawyers Division Council, 2015 - Present
- Co-chair, Young Lawyers Division Communications Committee, 2015 - 2016
- Co-chair, Young Lawyers Division Education Committee, 2014 - 2015
- Pennsylvania Bar Association , Member, 2006 - Present
- DRI, Member, 2011 - Present
- Insurance Law Committee Compendium Vice Chair, 2017 - Present
- Vice Chair, Insurance Law Committee State Liaison Initiative, 2016 - Present
- Chair, Young Lawyers Subcommittee of Insurance Law Committee, 2014 -Present
- Vice Chair, Young Lawyers Subcommittee of Insurance Law Committee, 2013 - 2014
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute, Member, 2013 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Levicoff, Silko & Deemer, P.C., 2009 - 2011
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity