Pennsylvania Commercial Litigation
The business litigation attorneys at Picadio Sneath Miller & Norton, P.C., have represented industrial, financial and business clients in commercial litigation and disputes. From our office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, our lawyers serve clients primarily in Pennsylvania, but also in other jurisdictions on a special admission basis.
Our experience includes the representation of banking institutions, trucking companies, a telephone company and a securities firm in federal litigation brought under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO). It also includes the defense of banking institutions in check fraud cases under Articles 3 and 4 of the Uniform Commercial Code; the representation of buyers and sellers of goods in cases involving Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code; the representation of lenders and borrowers in actions brought to enforce security rights under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code; the representation of business clients involved in contractual disputes and claims of unfair trade practices; and the representation of companies in patent, trademark and copyright litigation and other intellectual property matters involving the Lanham Act, claims of dilution and licensing. We have successfully handled matters involving theft of trade secrets, breach of non-compete agreements and claims brought pursuant to the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
Our lawyers have also represented clients in fraudulent conveyance litigation and other cases seeking to subordinate or set aside conveyances, mortgages and other security interests on the grounds of fraud, lack of authority, or equitable considerations. Contact us to find out how we can help you protect your rights and interests in Pennsylvania .
A Litigation Resource
At Picadio Sneath Miller & Norton, P.C., we are advocates and advisers for our business clients on commercial litigation, intellectual property and regulatory enforcement issues. Our lawyers provide advice to clients seeking to avoid litigation, and devise legal strategies when litigation becomes unavoidable.
The firm's experience in commercial and corporate litigation includes the following cases:
- The representation of the board of directors of a publicly held company in a shareholders' derivative action seeking equitable and monetary relief arising out of allegations of mismanagement and waste of corporate assets.
- Defending the chairman of the board of directors of non-profit corporation in errors and omissions claims by trustee in bankruptcy, alleging financial mismanagement.
- Acting as class counsel in a nationwide securities fraud class action brought under RICO.
- The defense of a large real estate rental company in federal class action litigation alleging racial discrimination in rental of apartments.
- The representation of the seller of a 50 percent interest in a privately held forest products company in a securities fraud claim against the purchaser and the purchaser's law firm.
- The representation of a National Banking Association in a group of related actions brought by the owner of a restaurant chain to recover moneys misappropriated by its chairman through the use of checks written on the company's checking accounts.
- The representation of a bank in a claim brought under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) by a borrower seeking the recovery of losses of an investment in a North Carolina golf resort, the development of which was financed in part by the bank.
- Fraudulent conveyance litigation initiated by a real estate development company against prior officers, directors and shareholders and lending institution to set aside conveyance of apartment buildings and underlying mortgage.
- The defense of federal class action litigation on behalf of a trucking company alleged to have engaged in fraudulent billing practices.
- Representation of a telecommunications company in federal litigation brought under Federal Trademark Dilution Act and Digital Millennium Copyright Act by a designer and manufacturer of networked communications systems and related software.
- Representation of a Dutch corporation which owned the exclusive rights and license to the "total image" of one of the world's foremost tennis superstars in action against defendant corporation for breach of endorsement contracts.
- Representation of multi-plant manufacturer in legal malpractice claim against its outside law firm arising out of pension plan termination.
- Advising a franchise business regarding the need for specialty intellectual property insurance coverage and reviewing several competing proposed insurance policies.
Contact Our Pennsylvania Commercial Dispute Attorneys Today: Business Litigation. Pittsburgh Strong. ®
For more information, call 412-288-4000 or send us an e-mail by completing the contact form on this website. Our Pittsburgh business litigation attorneys help clients navigate both complex and simple commercial disputes by providing them with the knowledge, information, strategy and budget needed to make informed decisions.