The principals of the firm have experience in handling significant pharmaceutical, products liability and tort claims, including matters involving allegations of professional negligence, strict products liability, breach of warranty, failure to warn, drug and device, compounding pharmacy liability and personal injury. From our office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, our lawyers serve clients primarily in Pennsylvania and West Virginia, but also in other jurisdictions on a special admission basis.
The firm's trial experience in tort defense litigation includes the following matters:
- Defending manufacturer/seller against negligence, breach of warranty and strict liability claims allegedly resulting in death, from allegedly defective/contaminated pharmaceutical products.
- Defending compounding pharmacy against negligence, breach of warranty and strict liability claims allegedly resulting in death and brain injury, from allegedly defective/contaminated compound medications.
- Representing plaintiff in medical malpractice action against her surgeon for damages related to sepsis arising from puncture that occurred during abdominal surgery.
- Defending business entities against claims for wrongful death and personal injuries caused by the criminal actions of third parties and employees.
- Representing plaintiff who sustained serious injuries when she fell from front door as a result of removal of front porch by contractor.
- Defending an over-the-counter drug manufacturer in a multiple-defendant wrongful death action against claims of inadequate quality assurance, improper testing, and inadequacy of warning to consumer.
- Defending supplier of prescription pharmaceuticals against claims of failure to warn or adequately control access brought by estate of psychiatric patient who committed suicide by antidepressant overdose.
- Representing designer/manufacturer of electric controls system for forge against claims of improper design, failure to include adequate safety devices and failure to provide adequate warnings, resulting in amputation.
- Defending major auto manufacturers in sudden acceleration products liability case.
- Defending seller of heavy equipment in a products liability case involving serious brain injury from forklift accident.
- Representing plaintiff who was seriously injured when he passed out leaving a dentist's office as a result of anesthesia.
- Defending manufacturer and designer of industrial water filtration device in products liability action alleging failure to properly guard the subject machine.
- Defense of auto manufacturer in rollover case.
- Defense of manufacturer of pasta-making equipment in products liability case involving a partial amputation.
- Defense of manufacturer of kerosene heaters in products liability action alleging personal injury and property damage arising out of a fire.
- Defense of hospital in medical malpractice litigation involving alleged permanent injuries to child.
- Defense of physician in medical malpractice action alleging failure to properly diagnose.
- Defense of securities broker-dealer firm in NASD arbitration action involving claims of unsuitability and churning.
- Defense of securities broker-dealer firm in seven federal securities cases brought by customer of firm alleging misappropriation of funds by broker.
- The defense of a supplier of welding wire in products liability action seeking consequential damages allegedly incurred because of replacement of piping system due to failure of welding wire to meet specifications.
Contact Our Pennsylvania Product Liability Attorneys Today: Business Litigation. Pittsburgh Strong.
For more information, call 412-288-4000 or send our Pittsburgh pharmaceutical and products liability attorneys an e-mail.