The lawyers at Picadio Sneath Miller & Norton, P.C. in Pittsburgh have significant experience in handling products liability actions defending manufacturers and suppliers of pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices. This area of products liability law is ever-changing due to FDA regulations and preemptions, as well as the United States Supreme Court’s interpretation of what those preemption regulations mean for clients. Our firm represents pharmaceutical and medical device clients reacting and responding to this environment.
PSMN ® attorneys constantly stay apprised of developing issues in the law, and are experienced in medical device litigation, mislabeling of drug actions, excluding regulatory violations from defect cases, defending cases involving pharmacies, innovator liability, evaluating adverse causation in clinical trials, and defending biopharmaceuticals. We also have experience handling claims from drug ingestion to use or misuse, as well as misuse or alleged defects in implanted and external medical devices. The firm’s experience in drug and medical device litigation includes the following cases:
• Defending manufacturer/seller against negligence, breach of warranty, and strict liability claims allegedly resulting in death, from allegedly defective/contaminated pharmaceutical products.
• Defending compounding pharmacy against negligence, breach of warranty, and strict liability claims allegedly resulting in death and brain injury, from allegedly defective/contaminated compound medications.
• Defending an over-the-counter drug manufacturer in a multiple-defendant wrongful death action against claims of inadequate quality assurance, improper testing, and inadequacy of warning to consumer.
• Defending supplier of prescription pharmaceuticals against claims of failure to warn or adequately control access brought by estate of psychiatric patient who committed suicide by antidepressant overdose.
• Defending manufacturers and suppliers of Class I, II, and III medical devices, including pain pumps and surgical grade blades and knives.
For more information, contact our lawyers at 412-288-4000 or send our PSMN ® Pittsburgh litigation attorneys an e-mail by completing the contact form on this website.